As children approach adolescence, their bodies start to change and develop. Teaching an adolescent with Autism and other developmental disabilities to understand and cope with the physical, emotional and mental changes of puberty is critical, but often difficult. Ever Learning’s Sexuality and Human Development Social Story Series, is an effective tool to teach adolescents to begin to understand the changes that are taking place during this confusing time in their lives.
Our Puberty and Human Development Social Stories Curriculum Series breaks down these complex subject to help adolescents. Using simplified stories using tasteful, anatomically correct, and realistic illustrations, adolescents will better understand and cope with the, including learning how to care for the bodies.
Social stories are short illustrated books that help teach individuals, affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), specific social “rules” or “norms” that are generally accepted in society. Each set is a self-contained comprehensive teaching solution that comes with an integrated set of tools, including a teaching guide. These products are designed to work in conjunction with each other to teach a student the foundational social skills necessary for building success and independence.
This curriculum bundle includes the following titles:
- Why is my Body Changing? Puberty for Girls
- Why is my Body Changing? Puberty for Boys
- My Time of Change: Starting My Period
- Simplified text and realistic illustrations facilitate easier understanding
- Breaks down a difficult subject matter and makes teaching it easier for parents
- Defines key terms associated with puberty in easy-to-understand language
The Social Story Set includes:
- Full page illustrated social story coded by skill(s) and age
- Portable social rule cards to provide additional teaching support when on the go
- Self-Help Skills
- Social Skills
- Communication Skills