Psychologists and Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs® ) often work with the same student or client in the school and clinic settings. Both fields share the same ultimate goal for the client: “Meaningful functional and socially-significant change.”
Each profession has it’s own area of expertise in evidence-based modalities in helping the student/client achieve his/her goals. Differences and misunderstandings can create tension, confusion and decrease progress.
- Identify the role of a Psychologist School/Clinic settings
- Identify the role of a Behavior Analyst in School/Clinic settings
- Describe the history and competencies of both professions
- Identify common terminology of Psychologists and BCBAs
- List best practices in collaboration to achieve greater outcomes for the client/student