This 120-minute recorded webcast will explore the topic area necessary for speech-language pathologists to possess in order to provide effective and evidenced-based interventions for children with autism spectrum disorder.
In this webcast, we will review the following teaching methodologies:
1. Behavior-based intervention
2. Collaboration within a multi-disciplinary team
3. Use of visual supports
4. Incorporating sensory strategies
Upon completion of The Great 8 for SLPs and ASD, participants will be able to:
1. List at least 6 areas of knowledge needed to provide intervention for an individual with ASD.
2. Discuss multiple tools for assessment.
3. Identify multiple resources for intervention supports both web-based and in print.